Music: Tony Kakkar, Goldboy, White Noise Studios, Tanishk Bagchi, Abhijit Vaghani
Lyrics: Tony Kakkar, Mellow D, Nirmaan, White Noise Studios, Kunaal Vermaa
Singers: Neha Kakkar, Young Desi, Karan Sehmbi, Mika Singh , Sunanda Sharma, Akhil & Dhvani Bhanushali
Continue reading The Luka Chuppi Songs🎶 Have Become As Big As The Movie🎬
Bollywood is one of the biggest film industries. It has charmed people the world over with its fabulous song and dance numbers. The best part is that it welcomes artists from all over the globe with welcoming arms.
Punjab has an endless number of uber cool singers who have made it quite big in Bollywood.
Let us read this blog to know more about how some of the most sought-after Punjabi singers who won over Bollywood with their dapper style, excellent dance moves, superb singing skills and never-ending charm.
Find the GaanaPehchaana app on the Play store and Appstore and install it today!
Rhythm Dhol Bass
- RDB was formed by 3 British Sikh brothers in the year 1997. Their style blends western genres with traditional Punjabi beats.
- Their musical journey began with singing at the gurdwara, where they used to assist their father in performing in front of the community at the local gurdwara, playing the harmonium and the tabla. This gave them a great understanding of their musical creativity. They have created an endless number of songs for hit movies like “Namastey London”, “Singh Is King”, “Kambakht Ishq”, “Tanu Weds Manu” etc.
- Just the name Badshah can bring a smile to your face. Badshah is a hugely renowned Indian rap-music composer, rapper and co-singer, known for his Hindi, Haryanvi and Punjabi songs. He kickstarted his career in the year 2006, with his close buddy Yo Yo Honey Singh. Together they formed Band Mafia Mundeer and gained massive popularity.
- Badshah split from Honey in 2012 and became famous with his independent Haryanvi song “Kar Gayi Chull”. “Kar Gayi Chull”? seems familiar! No? You must have heard this song in the 2016 Bollywood movie, Kapoor & Sons. His music has been featured in Bollywood soundtracks for movies like “Humpty Sharma Ki Dulhaniya” and “Khoobsurat”.
- Diljit’s successful career began during his school days when he started his journey as a singer by singing Kirtans at local Gurudwaras. Diljit Dosanjh has become a heartthrob not just in Punjab, but all over the world.
- He is a sensational actor, singer, television presenter and social media celebrity, who works in Punjabi and Hindi cinema. Dosanjh made his Hindi Film Music debut with Udta Punjab in 2016, for which he earned the Filmfare Award for Best Male Debut.
Yo Yo Honey Singh
- Honey Singh was born as Hirdesh Singh and studied music at the Trinity School in the United Kingdom. He is a fabulous music director, songwriter, Indi-pop singer, music producer and film actor.
- His first song in Bollywood films was “Shakal Pe Mat Ja”, featuring Gagan Sidhu. Singh charged Rs. 7 million for a song in the film “Mastan”. This was the largest amount paid to a song artist in Bollywood to date, making him one of the highest-paid singers in Bollywood.
- Mika Singh has become a household name but did any of you know that he’s the younger brother of Daler Mehdi. He began his career at an early age and has released several solo albums. He has also made appearances on various reality shows, becoming a well-loved star in the country.
- Mr Mika has a wide range of Bollywood songs to his credit, the prominent ones being”Bas Ek King” (Singh Is Kinng), “Mauja Hi Mauja” (Jab We Met), “Ibn-e-Batuta” (Ishqiya), and “Dhanno” (Housefull).
Hans Raj Hans
- Hans Raj Hans was a sensation in the late nineties and early 2000s. He was born in the village of Shafipur, near Jalandhar, Punjab and started singing Punjabi folk, devotional and Sufi music.
- As a child, he learned from music director Charanjit Ahuja and sang some of his best Bollywood songs for films like “Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety”-2018, “Mausam”-2019, “Patiala House”-2011 and “Bend It Like Beckham”-2002.
- Master Saleem was born as Saleem Shahzada in Shahkot, near Jalandhar Punjab. He is the son of the famous Sufi singer Ustad Puran Shah Koti, who was also the guru of eminent folk singers like Hans Raj Hans, Jasbir Jassi and Sabar Koti, thus Saleem inherited a rich musical heritage right from his childhood.
- At the mere age of seven, Saleem gave his very first public performance at the prestigious opening ceremony of Bathinda Doordarshan with his song “Charkhe Di Ghook”.
- Later Shankar Mahadevan of the famous composing-singing trio Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy heard his singing performances at a Jagran which was being aired on television, thus Saleem was chosen for his single “Mast Kalandar” from “Hey Babyy” under their expert music direction. The song was a sensation and launched his Hindi Film Music career.
Bollywood dreams are for everyone and these top Punjabi singers are no less than any of the Bollywood singing sensations. Loved reading these less known facts about the biggest gayaks of Punjab? Let us know your opinion in the comments section.
Enjoy the above-mentioned songs on https://goo.gl/3AzqAD, to read the blogs and reviews click on Blog/Review. To play your favourite Bollywood Musical games set in the pattern of Bollywood song quizzes, check out the new version of the app https://goo.gl/Qyhuof. Don’t forget to let us know about your most favourite picnic melody in the comments below.
– By Arunima Gupta