Gaana Pehchaana / GaanaP
Effective Date: July 27, 2022
Last Updated: July 27, 2022
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our Website, Platforms, access our Services, establish an account, and provide Content, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Website.
- Via our Mobile Platforms
- In e-mail and other electronic messages between you and us.
- When you use our Service, such as create an Account, etc.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- use offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from our Website or Platforms.
Please read this Policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Website, Platforms, and/or our Service. By accessing or using our Website, Platforms, and/or Services and/or by establishing an Account, you agree to this Policy.
This Policy is part of our Terms of Service Agreement. Any capitalized term not defined herein will have the same meaning as ascribed to it in our Terms of Service Agreement. From time to time, we reserve the right to modify or amend the terms of our Policy. Such modifications will be in accordance with our respective Terms of Service Agreement.
Our Website, Platforms, and the Services are available for use throughout the world.
- Minors and Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website, Platforms, and Services are not directed at or intended for minors and children under age 18 without parental consent. Further, we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13. If GaanaP determines that a customer is under the age of 18 and without parental consent, GaanaP will immediately terminate the associated account and delete any information provided. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18 without parental consent, and especially information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at [email protected].
- Information We Collect About You
We collect Personal Information (defined below) and information that is not Personal Information (“Non-Personal Information,” together with Personal Information, “Information”) regarding our Customers of the Service. For the purposes of this Policy, “Personal Information” means the information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to a person or a household. We may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, and in those circumstances we will treat the combined information as Personal Information. We collect several types of Personal Information from and about our Customers of our Website, Platforms, and Service, including the following information:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Numbers
- Photographs or Videos
- User Name, Login Name, Screen Name, Social Media Handle
- Geolocation Information
- Device Identifying Information
- How We Collect Your Information
We collect your information from various sources that may include, for example, the following:
- You Directly. Information you provide directly when you use or otherwise interact with our Website, Platforms, and/or Service; establish an online account; submit your Content; contact us; provide us feedback and/or submission; interact with other customers on the Website.
- Your Browser or Device. Information collected automatically as a result of your interaction with us and your use of the Service. The information that we automatically collect, include your IP Address, geolocation information (which may include specific longitude and latitude), time zone, usage times and volume, and information about the device you are using (for example, device type, device ID, characteristics and status, browser type, screen size, internet bandwidth, and operating system and application), language preference, URL click stream, or information that we collect through our marketing activities, We use Google Analytics to collect such data. Terms of Service for Google Analytics are available here: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html.
We may use the following types of cookies:
o Strictly necessary cookies. Our Website and Platforms require the use of these cookies to properly operate or provide necessary functions relating to the services you request. They include, for example, cookies enabling you to securely log into our Website and/or Platforms. These are persistent cookies that generally last 30 days.
o Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us and our third-party service providers to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us improve how our website works by, for example, ensuring that customers can easily find what they need on our website. These cookies generate aggregate statistics that are not associated with an individualized profile, and are persistent cookies that generally last 30 days.
o Functionality cookies. These cookies enable helpful but non-essential website functions that improve your Website and Platform experience. By recognizing you when you return to our Website and/or Platform, they may, for example, allow us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, or remember your preferences. These are persistent cookies that generally last 30 days.
- Social Media Networks. Information that your social media network provides to us if you connect your social media account with your Account. For example, this may include your social media ID or username, name, email address, general location, friends list, and demographic information such as gender or birthday/age. Note that certain of the information we receive will become part of your account and will be subject to this Policy.
- Otherwise in accordance with our agreements with you. Information as described elsewhere in this Policy, any applicable terms, or at the time such information is collected.
- How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website, Platforms, and its contents to you, as applicable.
- To provide you with our Service.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website and/or Platforms or any additional services that we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website and/ or Platforms.
- To improve your experience.
- To build your profile and associate database for you to properly access our Services, Website, and Platforms.
- Provide customer support.
- Internal recordkeeping.
- Market research.
- Investigate, deter, and protect against fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity.
- Inform you about promotions, events, and news related to our Service, Website, and/ or Platforms.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- Contact you with respect to our Service, Website, and/or Platforms.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our Customers and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect, or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our employees on a need to know basis.
- To our affiliated companies on a need to know basis.
- In anonymized and/or aggregated form to contractors, service providers and other third parties, such as our payment processing partners, we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by us about our Website, Platforms, Service, and Customers is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety, or the rights, property, or safety of our customers or others.
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer your Personal Information unless we provide you with advance notice. However, this does not include website hosting partners and other third parties who assist us in operating our Website, conducting our business, or servicing, so long as those parties agree to keep your information confidential.
- We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI's website.
- Third Party Links On Our Site
- Opt-Out of Communications with GAANAP
- E-mail Contact. You may opt-out of receiving promotional e-mail communication from us by sending us an e-mail at [email protected], or by clicking the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of our emails that we send to you. Please note that you will not be able to opt-out of transactional e-mail communication, such as communication related to your account activities.
- Push Notification. You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the Website, Platforms, and/or Service.
- CORRECTING OR Deleting your Account
- You may correct, unsubscribe, modify, or delete your Account by going to the “settings” tab or contacting us directly.
- Effect of Deletion/ Deactivation. Except as required by law, GaanaP has no obligation to retain or provide you with copies of your Content, and we do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to your Content. Upon your deletion of the account, GaanaP reserves the right to delete you Content.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside third parties your Personal Information. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits customers of our Website, Platform, and/or Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to [email protected].
Further, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended (Cal. Civ. Code §§ 1798.100 to 1798.199) (“CCPA”), does not apply to us. If you have any questions or concerns about the CCPA or its non-applicability to us, please do not hesitate to e-mail us at [email protected].
- Data Processing and Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, Platforms, and/or Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, by encrypting data in transit, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website, Platforms, and/ or Service. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website or Platforms.
Data that you provide is hosted on dedicated servers of our third-party partners.
GaanaP may need to modify the terms of this Policy and we encourage you to review this Policy regularly. In the event, we modify the terms of this Policy, such modifications shall be binding on you only upon your acceptance of the modified Policy. We will inform you about the modifications via email or comparable means within 15 days of making such a modification a reasonable time period. We will also post the modified version on this page and indicate at the top of the page when this Policy was last updated. Your continued use of the Website, Platforms or the Services shall constitute your consent to such changes. Your continued use of the Website, Platforms, or the Service means that you accept all modified terms of the Policy.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU USE OUR WEBSITE, PLATFORMS, AND/OR OUR SERVICE YOU HAVE AGREED TO AND ACCEPTED THE PRACTICES DESCRIBED IN THIS POLICY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THE TERMS OF THIS POLICY OR OUR TERMS OF SERVICE PLEASE DO NOT USE OUR WEBSITE, PLATFORMS, OR SERVICE.